Thank you for viewing the SuccessLink legal notices
The following policies apply to all lesson plans and other educational materials submitted by outside sources and hosted by SuccessLink Inc.. They do not apply to external resources linked from the SuccessLink Web site. Educators wishing to use resources not maintained by SuccessLink Inc. should consult the copyright policies of respective owners and the Fair Use Guidelines for Educational Multimedia. Although a work may be freely accessible on the World Wide Web and may not include any statement about copyright, the U.S. Copyright Act nevertheless provides that such works are protectible by copyright, including images.
Users and guests of SuccessLink Inc. may download, print, adapt, and use lesson plans and attached files contained in this database for their own personal or classroom use and may share them with other educators for similar purposes. It is also acceptable to link to a lesson plan from a personal or school Web site without express permission. Non-educational or commercial use of lesson plans and attached files is strictly prohibited. Requests for permission to use the lessons in situations other than classroom practice or outside accepted educational fair use guidelines must be made to the author noted on the lesson plan or other resource. This includes requests to reproduce or redistribute lesson plans in publications or other media.
It is the policy of SuccessLink Inc. that sole responsibility for materials posted to its Web site rests with the individual who posts them. The author of each lesson plan is responsible for ensuring that both the text of the plan and any materials attached to it are not copyrighted by someone else; or, should the author wish to post copyrighted materials, for obtaining the necessary permission to do so. If SuccessLink Inc. discovers that copyrighted materials have been illegally posted to its Web site via a lesson plan, the author of the plan will be notified and the plan removed from the site until the necessary changes to the plan have been made. An author is considered to have posted a lesson plan when it is submitted for review and made available to other educators through SuccessLink Inc..
The author of all original materials posted within or attached to lesson plans retains copyright to those materials, subject to the following restrictions:
- that permission is granted to SuccessLink Inc. to post the plan on its Web site for such time as it deems appropriate,
- that this permission is extended to cover all non-commercial use of your plan, including republication via the World Wide Web, as long as proper credit is given to you and to SuccessLink Inc., and
- that should the author sell the rights to all or part of the lesson plan or its attached materials, he or she agrees to notify SuccessLink Inc. immediately.
In connection with your use of the Site, you agree you will not:
- Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or images, or other content ("Material") that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, or otherwise objectionable, or that may invade another's right of privacy or publicity, exploit children under 18 years of age, promote or provide instructional information about illegal activities, or promote physical harm or injury against any group or individual;
- Impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post or transmit any Material that you do not have a right to reproduce, display or transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as nondisclosure agreements);
- Post or transmit any Material that contains a virus or corrupted data;
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels that you upload to any communication feature;
- Use the Site's communication features in a manner that adversely affects the availability of its resources to other users (e.g., excessive shouting, use of all caps, or flooding continuous posting of repetitive text);
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail", "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes" or any other form of solicitation or any non-resume information such as opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise;
- Use any Material or service of SuccessLink Inc. for commercial purposes,
- Violate any applicable local, state, national or international law;
- Upload or transmit any Material that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- Delete or revise any Material posted by any other person or entity. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this Web site are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986.
- Manipulate or otherwise display the Site by using framing or similar navigational technology, or
- Register, subscribe, attempt to register, attempt to subscribe, unsubscribe, or attempt to unsubscribe, any party for any SuccessLink Inc.service if you are not expressly authorized by such party to do so.
SuccessLink Inc. also reserves the following rights:
- To release current or past member information in the event SuccessLink Inc. believes that accounts are in violation of the terms of service or Material content guidelines, used to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed and/or if SuccessLink Inc. deems it necessary and/or appropriate;
- To deny membership to offenders of these guidelines or terms of service;
- To amend or change these guidelines at any time and without notice;
In the event that SuccessLink Inc. receives a complaint that the contents of any submitted Material infringes intellectual property rights or otherwise is unlawful, SuccessLink Inc. shall request written substantiation of the complaint from the complaining party, for example, substantiation of proof of ownership in the form of a trademark, service mark, patent or copyright registration and will take such steps that it believes to be appropriate under the circumstances, including, for example:
- Suspend the submitted Material immediately until the dispute is resolved;
- Provide the author with contact information for the complaining party;
- Instruct the author to contact the complaining party to resolve the dispute;
- Inform the complaining party of our actions and ask that party to work directly with the author;
- Take the following action based on the progress of the dispute:
- If the author has not pursued resolution within 14 days of notification, the Material will be deleted;
- If complaining party has not pursued resolution within 14 days of author's response, the material will be re-activated;
- If legal action is pending or the dispute is not settled, the material may remain suspended until resolution is reached and SuccessLink Inc. is notified by both parties as to the outcome;
- If a resolution is reached between the parties, the Material may be reactivated with any mutually agreed upon modifications.
Disclaimer of Endorsement:
The documents posted on this server contain hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. These links and pointers are provided for the user's convenience. SuccessLink Inc. does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of this outside information. Further, the inclusion of links or pointers to particular items in hypertext is not intended to reflect their importance, nor is it intended to endorse any views expressed, or products or services offered, on these outside sites, or the organizations sponsoring the sites.
THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
REFERENCES TO OTHER SITES OR SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENTS WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR NONINFRINGEMENT, OR THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE) OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED.
Limitation of Liability:
SUCCESSLINK INC. IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY COST OR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OF ANY KIND WHICH MAY RESULT TO THE USER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED ON OR DOWNLOADED FROM SUCCESSLINK INC., OR ANY DELAY OF SUCH INFORMATION OR SERVICE, OR ANY OF THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES DESCRIBED HEREIN.